View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 07:39 AM
Approved Member

I have already posted some proposals in another thread, and one of these seems to me good enough to be “reprinted” here. I was simply asking to concentrate more on AI only planes.

To explain better: with the latest additions, we now have a HUGE amount of flyable planes, with a vast choices for almost any conceivable pilot’s career, with almost any of the combatants. All major types are there, with some minor and exotic ones for good measure, and even a quote of “what ifs”. What is still lacking, in my opinion, is some variety in targets, mainly in bombers. To begin with, we have no British night bombers, and they will be sorely needed to complement the new radar equipped Bf110. If radar could be adapted for the Mosquito night fighter, there’ll be a similar need for German night bomber of the “Steinbock” period, like the Do217 or He177.

As I understand it, AI bombers should be the easiest planes to be implemented. After all, they need limited flying maneuvers, and gun turrets works all the same. Even their performances are relatively unimportant. They all are slower than fighters, and minor differences should go unnoticed.
Conclusion. While having some more flyable fighter would not offer that much to the game, having some new bombers would add whole new campaigns.
Wellingtons and Lancasters would allow RAF’s night bomber offensive. Dornier and Grief – along with some late model He111 – would allow the last German bomber offensive against British Isles.