Thread: 4.12 ai
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 09:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandacat View Post
LOL, that's exactly how I feel about the AI formation fly and collision thing. They just ignore you.

For the teamworking part, I do agree that teamwork is very important. But I just have hard time getting AI wingmen to do what I want them to do. If I order them to cover me, they just stick to my tail and do nothing even though a bandit is approaching from behind and then crying "somebody get him off my tail". Also, one time I was sitting right behind a flock of bombers and order my flight to attack those bombers. They simply answered "unable" It seems that the commands "attack fighters, attack bombers..." are screwed up. They don't respond to these commands correctly. The only effective command is "someone help me".
Tell your wingman anything, and if he doesn't do what you'd like him to do order anything close (E.g. cover me - because there is a bandit on your tail, but maybe to far away for him to recognise as a threat, tell him attack fighters - and then if he doesn't do what you want, let him reform, and try again with cover me etc.) And sometimes there is no way an AI is going to do what you want them to do - it happens when they are directly above a ground target, you tell them to attack it and they all say, "Will do" but continue stupidly to fly on your wing. I have not found out how to get them to attack then. Happens moslty with ground targets that have already been shot at. But happens with bombers, too.