Thread: 4.12 ai
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 07:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorfailure View Post
Yes it happens too often, that any two pilots of a flight collide. Especially when you do an "unexpected" maneuvre, like a long flat turn or a not too steep loop - and your wingmen are a few hundred metres behind and their way to their intended position on your wing leads through you - you are doomed.
Yes, it's difficult to tell which collisions are caused involuntarily and indirectly by you, and which ones would have happened all the way. I have the feeling (but cannot prove exactly) that mid-air collisions are now less frequent than they used to be before. Maybe the AI is more careful, maybe I fly in a less maverick way, maybe both. Anyway, in my offline campaigns, where some 40+ aircrafts are flying scattered all around the map, I often see on the debrief map that one (or sometimes two) pairs have 'crashed' at the same location. This ratio is not that unrealistic. In my past 10-12 mission it has never happened that one of my AI mates doomed me, and it happened only one or two times that two AIs from my squad collided. I was number two, I must admit, so I had better chances not to provoke a collision with a wingman.

Last edited by sniperton; 12-06-2013 at 07:06 PM.