Thread: 4.12 ai
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 04:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandacat View Post
Not only there is no noticable difference between rookie and ace, but also AI behaviors are very strange.
There is clearly a noticable difference between rookie and ace, aces fly better, shoot better and coordinate better with their teammates. Just try one on two in QMB vs them, same or similar planes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandacat View Post
Friendly mid-air collision is so frequent that wingmen are more dangerous than foe. Even if you told them to use loose formation, they still bundle together and flying so wingtip-to-wingtip and nose-to-tail that you can clearly see what color of shirt they are wearing.
Yes it happens too often, that any two pilots of a flight collide. Especially when you do an "unexpected" maneuvre, like a long flat turn or a not too steep loop - and your wingmen are a few hundred metres behind and their way to their intended position on your wing leads through you - you are doomed.
And when you want them to hold a tight formation, like for level bombing, they somtimes trail behind....

But I do not think this is new behaviour, I feel like AI has ever been this dense, and I know for sure 4.11 AI did the crash into own flight thing - I once lost all three wingmen in 4.11 -just because I made a 180 degree turn.