View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 07:22 AM
Approved Member

Hello Dredman, welcome to the forum. I wonder why you wake up this old thread. About bilsaboob post, I have the same feeling the you, I don't understand a word but I feel I see roughly what he means.

About this topic, and last posts it's an error to compare warrior and mage only through leadership and skills available. That's a wrong way to look at the problem because there are the runes requirements. For example a mage won't be able to get all warrior skills at max level when it's very easy for a warrior.

All warrior skills require 42 mind runes when all mage skills require 65 mind runes. That's more complicate than this simple comparison but in practice, it's much more easy to fill the warriors skills and pick the very useful paladin and mage skills than to try with a mage to fill mage skills and pick very useful paladin and warrior skills.

Anyway, there are ton of details and differences but the real point is that the game balance is better for the warrior than for the mage in impossible mode. But that's just a global balance it's quite clear that for some battles and combinations a mage will perform better than a warrior.