View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 09:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaksie View Post
2) Rumours that this old SF disk protection adversly affected anything are just a weird urban legend, likely inspired by the fact that SF disk protection was harder to crack than it's competitors in most cases. If you have even a basic undersanding of how PCs work, you would know that it is very difficult to do something on software level to break the hardware. SF is a commercial product, not a trojan on fraud site, why would it's creators even want to damage your PC or data in any way? It is not proven that disk protection SF affected DVD drives or system stability in any way to this day.

Believe it or not - it's up to you. Most 1C titles being sold online use online SF ProActive DRM, just for your information.
This is not a legend. I long ago bought ORIGINAL GT Legends. Unfortunately, it was a defect on the disk, and I never triggered the original. Nowhere in the installation was not written warning that the product contains SF. Read here the issue of SF and then to here concluded that no such thing in my PC I do not want, so I uninstalled the game and returned me back to the dealer money. But I not knew that this protection remained in SF my PC even though I uninstalled the game and challenged me with various other programs that protection which they had nothing in common. After two weeks, I destroyed the DVD rom. X times spontaneously without cause a hard reboot and blue death.
I was with this unhappy. I did not know where the problem lies. So I read on SF even more and that I have found here that SF manually remove the worm!. After uninstall SF all problems stopped!!!!! Unfortunately, the DVD rom was forever destroyed. And after I uninstall SF virus found 10 viruses! And my anti-virus before it did not report anything. So it's virus open link protection. Active worm. Attention active as a worm has the same powers as the operating system. Is a superior operating system, and that's the PRINCIPLE is crap. I do not know why I should legally allow this crap to the PC ....

Why would developers do this?? To harm the system??
reply: Because it is a Russian specialty. Russian temperament human rights abuses. When get for profit is not to look left, right and just interested in profits. This is something that has side effects, that someone pays for the Russian mentality interested. Especially earnings. This is important and something that has side effects "" So what! Thing is that we sell. The question was why? Answer because it is the Russian temperament .... probably had a hangover of communism and dictatorship, repression and human rights etc etc. etc

But I was talking about the old SF. I can not yet say anything about the new generation of SF. Because I have experience fills. I always run away when I know that includes SF. Then I have a new generation of SF experience ...