View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 01:39 PM
Approved Member

The Trent War

It is going fine making this campaign:

- New story and quest. I have 2-4 quests in each map, so it isnt too much, text is shorter than in vanilla. Generally more humoristic. Can't help it...
- New maps, although some Bonfire maps implemented with changes.
- Mostly new arenas, and different often with new tactics.
- Bosses. 4 planned. I finally figured out how to implement them. But old bosses so far. Final boss is lizard boss.
- Heroic Challenge = sort of mix of a hero fight and easy boss fight. Often arenas are like bosses where you start in the center and enemies around you. Hero has strong spells and more mana, one of the heroes has the spells Geyser, Necro Call and Summon Phoenix... some have Gremlin towers like in item arenas.
- Funny sounds from Bonfire for the creatures
- Impossible is 250% instead of 170%, so it isn't that obvious to choose that difficulty.
- Implements some randomness in passability in the maps like in Bonfire that helps making each game a little more different.

I only make small changes to skills, creatures and spells.
Does any got suggestions on these 3 to balance better.
Does pet dragon need balance. Stronger dive?

For instance trap spell is more expensive.

Knight has Charge with +1 movement one turn
Priest heal a lot more
Bowman, peasant: cheaper
Paladin, ingeneer more expensive.

Please help by suggesting balance issues from original game.

I'm working on map 5 now. In vanilla I counted 14 maps, I intend to have something like 7-8. I have most of the enemy creatures in an embryo in the editor with 5-12 troop combinations, then I can change the strength of troops here just 1 place and it changes everywhere on the map.
I don't like toooo long game myself, often I never end them, I only finished Crossworld in the KB series just once.

Last edited by raknefne; 06-08-2018 at 05:52 AM. Reason: more update