View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 05:47 AM
Approved Member

Question Invisible backpacks, merc agent=requested merc not showing up...

I'm thoroughly enjoying 7.62 with this mod installed. That said, I have a few questions...

I've noticed that there are super-specialized backpacks for sale at the bar in the first town the player spawns at at the very beginning of the game. These packs are nicknamed "Drugs, Collimeters," etc., etc. In spite of their different names and icons, the item layout in the packs are the same.

I'm at level 3 and so far, in spite of their price differences, they're all empty upon purchase. Is this correct? What special purpose (if any) do these backpacks serve?

The merc-agent charges me a lot more than "just" $1,000 to bring in a merc for me. Also, the merc doesn't always appear even though I coughed up the money. Is this because my funds are too low to actually hire them, or are they spawning someplace else, or...?

In spite of being at Level 3, I still haven't been able to hire anyone due to how low my funds are...Is this a normal progression? I seem to recall being able to hire a partner fairly early in Brigade E5.

Thanks in advance!