View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 05:28 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs down I can see these other versions are going to be "fun"!

Erkki:

I can see these other versions of the game are going to fight us – does the game lockup there or can you pretend to see the values and just click one and continue?

If you can click and continue, can you see if you got any runes and you can’t see which bonus you picked, but can you see if you got an increase somewhere (i.e. mana, rage, leadership, attack, defense, or intelligence)?

I did make some changes to the levelup system, but of course it works on my version. I wonder if there are changes to the LUA files or TXT files? One thing I noticed in the HERO.TXT file is there is a leadership table that is no longer used, but maybe your version still uses it? I don’t know.

I think I’m going to need you to send me your ses.kfs file so I can study it for differences unless it was the same date and size as what I mentioned below (7/8/2010 10:01PM, 6,217KB). It looks like you already resolved the loc_ses.kfs issue with the *.LNG files (whew!) so I think I need to understand if there are any differences with the *.LUA files.

Another idea that popped into my head is that you could try to remove the mod_homm3_portraits.kfs to see if there is an issue with the DDS files included there as it may affect the graphics somehow? Not sure just grasping at straws there.

We’ll keep plugging away at this…

Thanks!

P.S. I'm starting to remember now when I was first modding the leveling up that maybe the numbers were blank when I had issues with what I was doing. It's just a vague memory so I can't quite remember. I can always break it, I guess, and see how it behaves... The real question, though, is why would your version have issues with the LUA / TXT files. Hmmm... maybe its the encoding? The text editor that I use predates UNICODE. But you started the game fine and so it needed to read text files for that. Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erkilmarl View Post
Following your advice elsewhere I made a zip file of the loc_ses file and then unzipped it. I seem to have a multilingual version there, although I don't remember a language choice, and all prefixes have only two letters (en_ and so on). I changed all prefixes in the mod files from eng_ to en_ and now I'm in the training part of the game. I have Inquisitors instead of Peasants, so something is changed.

But I encountered another problem: when my hero reached level 2, his choices and the rune numbers were all blank.