Thread: Archer army
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2014, 09:37 PM
Approved Member

I just finished an impossible no-loss all-archer runthrough of KB:Crossworlds, and loved it. For the final three battles (Baal, Ktahu, and the fat dino on Reha), I had to use single stacks of Skeleton Archers for no losses.

The bulk of my playthrough was:
  • Skeleton Archers
  • Bowmen
  • Royal Thorns
  • Elves
  • Hunters
with Repair Droids, Cannoneers, and Cyclops assisting a lot in earlier stages.

I beat Ktahu in five rounds with just Skellies, using t.1 Transmute, t.2 Turn back Time, t.3 Transmute, t.4 Turn back Time. Baal, same # rounds, same strategy, though Bill Gilbert was nice enough to cast fit of energy on one of my Skeleton troops each round for extra damage.

Gremlion I beat in 2 rounds, and Driller 3, both without even damage, much less losses. As I said in another thread for Driller - just mass Precision, then mass Haste.

I ran out of Thorns to buy, so I had to use Level 2-3 Sacrifice quite a bit on easier battles to help out the numbers.

Companion = Trigger (meh, but not great). Equipment included the Telescopic Eye, the archer crossbow for morale and damage, the silver bow, and the anti-Ktahu sword mostly; with 2 Elvish Crowns for morale purposes. The most common tactical spells by far were Target, Turn Back Time, Blind, Slow, Precision, and Awake Dragon.

Man, I hadn't played this game in a couple of years, but it's still a blast.

Last edited by filiusdextris; 09-14-2014 at 10:21 PM.