View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 11:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS|Instinct View Post
The German dialogue is correct. If at all, the German and Russian dialogues are the only ones with correct grammar.

"Feuer auf mein Kommando" means "fire at my orders| wait for my orders", or a temporary "hold fire" until orders change by implying this will happen soon. Therefore it could also be translated in "Get ready to fire".

Mich is not used in help me, as mir is a dative expression and defines the receiving person. Using mich is as bad as saying "help my".

Kommando means orders in that context and not commando unit.

German articles don't follow gender rules, they are the only grammatical part of the language that don't follow any rule, at least when it comes to defining genders. In case of Vaterland, the article relates to the last word in the word combination which is Vater + Land (father + country), and Land is "das Land". Therefore "das Vaterland".

"Nimm das" is correct too, not sure what you think "DA" is.

"Scheiße, mein Bein", means as much as "Shit! My leg!", it's nothing but a short expression of pain and while perhaps not an example of the beauty of the German language, absolutely common and correct.
Can't the German soldiers shout "Scheiße! Meine Arm!" or whatever body part(s) happen to be hit by certain bullets that are causing pain to that part of the body?

Can we have Soviet soldiers saying in the Russian version of a German accent "HANDE HOCH!"

Is it possible to have a Men of War game where you can capture prisoners and have them shipped to various POW camps behind the lines and out of the front line? Is it possible to have their surrenders be ACTUALLY accepted and have them taken prisoner if they are losing the battle and don't want to be killed.

I grow tired of this "kill 'em all" mentality prevalent in video games. How about losing points if you kill a prisoner?

Of course, the one part that bothers me about the Men of War series is that they do not show the various and well-documented war crimes committed by the Soviets and the Nazis and to show them within their proper context.

Evgeny Petrovich Kolesnikov's mother is raped by the German Wehrmacht and he hears news of this and it unnerves him and unsettles him, as it would anyone, mind you.

At least the Penal Battalions game shows the utterly inhumane treatment that many in the Red Army had to endure.

I do not want glorification of these war crimes, I just want them to affect the players in a negative way and make them fight HARDER AND HARDER against the enemy.

The rather odious and numerous war crimes are strangely absent in this game.

Yeah folks! This is Putin's "version" of history in these games! The history that everyone who has a shred of humanity knows about in the West and your bullshit denials of these atrocities aren't gonna change my mind!

I'm sorry!