View Single Post
Old 10-08-2016, 02:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahes64 View Post
Thanks, but that readme file is in Russian, which is of no use to me. Is there no English version of it?
Man! I can't believe I keep screwing this up! Okay, I now updated the ZIP file to contain both the Russian and English README file - sorry about that!

Quote:
You mean this tool can edit saves too?
Yes and no - you can use it to edit save game files, but there is a checksum that I don't know where it is stored and so if you edit it, recompile, and continue, when you finish the game it will label you a cheater when you get your final score.

However, you can use it to create cheater save games if you want to try out stuff!

Quote:
For me "1C Company" folder does not even exist here:
<WINDOWS DRIVE>:\Users\<USER NAME>AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\

I made another session and saved it, but again it saved in the folder that I had given its address to the editor first time that I ran the editor. (I chose a folder outside windows drive because damned "windows" folder of win7 grows up as time passes.)

That session is saved here for me (a single .strg file):
D:\_games\kbaddon\sourcemedia\terrain\in_progress\ map202

Anyway, I copied m_atrixus folder from
D:\GOG Games\King's Bounty - Dark Side\sessions\darkside\locations
to
D:\_games\kbaddon\sourcemedia\terrain\in_progress
and ran the editor, this time its name was in the list for me to choose for loading it in the editor.I loaded the map, found that bad positioned stack, corrected its location and saved it. But none of those files were updated (all had same checksums), instead a new file was created with .strg extension! I put it in mods folder, ran the game and went to fight that stack but nothing was changed!!! Then I closed the game, moved that file from mods folder to m_atrixus folder beside the files that it corrects, and ran the game again, but still position of that stack was not changed.

Should I put .strg files elsewhere to work???
Okay, you have the GOG version of the game and I have the Gamer's Gate version. It looks like they store stuff in different places, but it looks like you have it figured out...

By the way, the STRG files I could never get to work properly with KB_DB_EDIT - they seemed to hang it so be wary of that if you try to mess with them.

Quote:
After not getting desired change, I said to my self: Updated file might be somewhere in editor's directory and so went to find it. Fortunately enough, I was right!
And found updated files here:
D:\GOG Games\Kings Bounty Crossworlds GOTY\sessions\orcs\locations\m_atrixus

I was surprised when I saw more than one file has been updated for a simple position change! Here is their names:

m_atrixus.atoms.loc
m_atrixus.embryos.loc
m_atrixus.land.loc
m_atrixus.lus.loc

I copied those updated files to mods folder and ran the game. Fortunately now position of that stack is corrected, but some textures such as Texture of the bridge before that stack are missing.

Do you know how can I fix this problem?
I'm not sure how to fix the texture problem as I think that is something to do with the editor - you'll have to check the editor threads and see if someone ran into a similar problem.

But now that you have a new LOC file, you can do a file compare by decompiling both the old one and new one with KB_DB_EDIT (hopefully the file doesn't change massively, but if it does, just find the stack and compare the data). You should then manually be able to edit the decompiled LOC TXT file and then recompile it and you shouldn't have to worry about the texture problem.

By the way, the fact that more than one LOC file is generated could mean that the position of the unit is stored in a different file - that EMBRYOS file has info on the game's "embryos", but I don't know if it stores their position. One thing you can do, though, when you find the stack in the decompiled LOC file is note the various ID's associated with it and you can search on those (typically) and find that ID in the other decompiled text file(s).

Well, it sounds like you're starting to get dangerous and figuring stuff out on your own!

Keep plugging away at it and you'll be a pro in no time! Then you can school us!

Matt