View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 03:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCaspermeyer View Post
My bad, I should have checked the ZIP file - I've edited my post and added another ZIP that includes the README and another "0.75" version of KB_DB_EDIT. Just use the one that you find works best as I'm not sure why there are so many "0.75" versions!
Thanks, but that readme file is in Russian, which is of no use to me. Is there no English version of it?

Quote:
I forgot that KBScanner includes KB_DB_EDIT - the whole savegame file is dumped as if it is a LOC file (and other files, too).
You mean this tool can edit saves too?

Quote:
Someone loaded the Legend maps into it - there is a post about it in the Editor forum, so hopefully it gives you some hints how to do it.
Ok, I will try to find that post.

Quote:
I can see I'm going to have to go find the folder for you where it stores the sessions you're working on...

Matt
For me "1C Company" folder does not even exist here:
<WINDOWS DRIVE>:\Users\<USER NAME>AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\

I made another session and saved it, but again it saved in the folder that I had given its address to the editor first time that I ran the editor. (I chose a folder outside windows drive because damned "windows" folder of win7 grows up as time passes.)

That session is saved here for me (a single .strg file):
D:\_games\kbaddon\sourcemedia\terrain\in_progress\ map202

Anyway, I copied m_atrixus folder from
D:\GOG Games\King's Bounty - Dark Side\sessions\darkside\locations
to
D:\_games\kbaddon\sourcemedia\terrain\in_progress
and ran the editor, this time its name was in the list for me to choose for loading it in the editor.I loaded the map, found that bad positioned stack, corrected its location and saved it. But none of those files were updated (all had same checksums), instead a new file was created with .strg extension! I put it in mods folder, ran the game and went to fight that stack but nothing was changed!!! Then I closed the game, moved that file from mods folder to m_atrixus folder beside the files that it corrects, and ran the game again, but still position of that stack was not changed.

Should I put .strg files elsewhere to work???