View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 07:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliocon View Post
Well I picked up on it in a different way. The AA looks very strange, much closer to IL2 than a modern game (Wings of Prey has far better AA, clearly silky smooth edges). Also the gunfire from the videos we have seen looks weird, like the tracers are moving rectangular textures (which they used to use), while WOP actually look musch closer to the real thing, the bright tracer is blurred and leaves behind a wake as a bullet does.
Maybe I am just nit picking.

*edit - I was just reading this interview where Oleg states the engine is completely new and rebuilt, so I think we have to trust him on this one. For now until I see more gameplay I am going to put it as either: the artists/programmers used a similar method or procedure to generate the effect in the new engine, resulting in visual simularity that seems "out of place". But my god the Jaggies!
http://www.neocrisis.com/articles/19...over-interview
Well, as we first heard of this completely new engine beeing in development in 2004 and the first release date was in late 2006 I would be very amazed to hear that a bunch of talented developers have spent seven years modifying their old engine...