View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 10:30 PM
Global Moderator

Thumbs up

I read in one of the above links where the onboard sound from the Mobo was used to provide sound for the game, and a 3rd party plug in sound card was used for the Teamspeak or vs v.

Quote:
another pointer that may be of help

If like myself you have onboard sound option (AC97) & also added a sound card (creative Audigy 4) to your system, then set Team Speak up on the onboard sound with the use of a headphones / mic set & the game sound set on the added sound card.

this will give you a crystal clear team speak set up through your headphone / mic, while still being able to hear the game sound & not have one drone out the other while set up on a single sound system

602RAF_Menden
I'm wondering how that sets up. I have a headset that has a microphone earphones and Freetrack L.E.D. Pointer on the headset band. I currently have headset plugged into onboard Mobo sound. Effectively, the microphone, earplugs and freetrack Pointer are all on the headset.

If you plug in the microphone in the 3rd party plugin sound card and then use the onboard sound plug for the earplugs on the headset is that what is being thought of?

My headset has two plugs... Microphone and Earphone

I do have external speaker system, so I could use 3rd party plugin board to the external speakers and Headset to Onboard Mobo Sound (AC97). If I take one ear piece of the headset off it dislocates my Freetrack head pointer.
This doesn't seem like a good option.

I've got a competent 3rd party sound card I can install to accomodate such a thing, but I'd like to read about some positive comments or suggestions about doing it first

I think he is saying he uses External speakers for the game and the headset/mic with the teamspeak. I guess he turns up the sound on the externals, which... duh! doesn't sound quite right. I guess if he uses a one ear piece headset that might be an OK way to do things.

I'm sure I must have missed something.

Anyway, I'd appreciate reading thoughts on this.

Last edited by nearmiss; 04-21-2008 at 10:46 PM.