View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 07:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM_Von_Manstein View Post
Your a fool, neither Manstein or Rommel believed in Nazi Ideology or were members of the Nazi party. Both were extremely skilled professional soldiers who served Germany, not Nazi causes. The only good German general that was a Nazi was Model. Most of Germany's greatest generals were not Nazis at all. Same thing with Russian generals, many did not agree with Stalin's evil policies at all. But they served their country, the Motherland, not Stalin.
You should read over my post again. Just a bit more carefully cause I will only explain it one time for you here (I dont want to sound cocky, but it seems you made up your mind already and thus I see it a bit pointless to discuss that).

If you dont know about the word "oportunism" then you should eventualy also google that one.

Beeing a member of the Nazi party and suporting the Nazi party are 2 seperate things. Even the Allies (most of them) realized that after WW2 and have not punished everyone or dealt with everyone on the same level. There have been members, nominal members and confidants. Mahnstein and Rommel have been at least people on the level confidants. As high ranking officers anyway. It is more likely that they have been nominal members meaning they supported the changes of the Nazis particuilarly to the military. Have they been alone in such thinking ? Definetly not. But it tells a lot about their cahracter. Rommel had once the chance to talk with a captured SAS officers and he confessed to him what fine soldiers the Brits are and that both should fight the real enemy, the reds. But, if not for the differences was the answer of the SAS member, what differences asked Rommel. The things with the jews explained the SAS. And Rommel countered, that the jews would be politics and thats not a the concern of a soldier.

Many of them, Mahnstein as well have been oportunists and supporters of the Nazi party particularly as long the German military was victorious. That is fact. It can be read from dossiers, field orders, personal oppinions etc. all those things are free and available for everyone at the German Bundesarchiv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM_Von_Manstein View Post
Both were extremely skilled professional soldiers who served Germany, not Nazi causes. The only good German general that was a Nazi was Model
Not serving Nazi causes ? Well then tell us "Mahnstein" what kind of idea was behind the whole war and conquering of east from a German perspective. I suggest you to go and read again personal notes of German generals. They knew very well particularly as the intelligent tacticians they were what a defeat of the Sovietunion would mean to it's citizens of Russia and its satelite states they accepted the fact for example that the German effort to remove most of the Ukrain wheat would cause a very large death killing 100.000 if not Millions. Many people have known and read mein Kampf which was Hitlers book and described very well his targets. So there is no member of the Military that could simply say he would fullfill his honor and duty not knowing about the raid in the east. There is a difference between defence and attack. And that for a reason. Hands down not many army personal are saints. But we are talking about the Mahnsteins and other German generals conection to the Nazi party and their goals. To say that they had not the same relation to them compared to people like Heidrich or Kaltenbrunner (chief of Gestapo) is obvious. But telling with al seriousness those people would not have served the Nazi party and most important Hitler as willing deeds is quite wrong as well.