View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 12:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au{R}oN View Post
I saw your performace mod threadm but it only downgrade the game, and not add a bit of 'realistic things'.
then you stopped reading after the first post, because the thread went into exactly that direction... also, in your first post you asked about cfg-files that contain physics flags and my mod deals with exactly those. just because i lowered the values doesn't mean that you can't raise them...

Quote:
I succesfully removed particles life-time, and upgraded the partcle numbers, my system can handle 54.000 (44.000 only for water, 22k from an emitter + 22k from another emitter) particle without any hangs / freeze or frame-drop, BUT, after that number the particles start to disappear... due to 'unknow reason', maybe an engine limitation, (anyway, i'm currently working on that).
like i said before: particles have to disappear or else you'd bring any current computer down if you encountered scenes with sudden raise in particle count, e.g. water streams and ice shards due to shooting and such. fiddling with the lifetime doesn't have to say much. as soon as you hit the particle limit, older particles will be removed.

Quote:
Developers didn't encode the script files, and there nothing wrong with mod the game, even without lincese permissions, (except if you make money with the mod).
yes and i never said it's wrong to mod a game, but it certainly isn't alright to expect them to include a documentation for that. just because the scripts aren't encrypted doesn't mean that they have to support people who want to fiddle around with them.

Quote:
And that's exaclty what i'm doing, BUT a little help from developers (if possible) is never a bad thing.
sure thing, but the devs don't really care about the community, so don't expect anything from them.

Last edited by Xiaopang; 09-17-2009 at 12:37 PM.