View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 03:20 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJWest View Post
Sorry, Nearmiss, but I think your rules are inconsistent, illogical, and counter-productive. You are retroactively punishing people for posting to a forum that you set up before you established the rules, imposing a ban that nobody can verify (how can I find out how many postings I've made to the CloD forums? I can't - I can only find out how many posts I've made to IC forums overall), and most likely setting a trap for newcomers who will visit the CloD forums to ask for advice, unaware of the restrictions in this particular forum. If posting here could be restricted through software, it would be fine, but this is arbitrary and badly-conceived. Yes, some idiots stepped in to create chaos, but that is no reason to react in such haste.

I could have responded to you in a PM, rather than replying here, but I think that everyone is entitled to see my opinion of this. I will assume (unless you wish to contact me by PM at the UBI forums, or at M4T), that I have been banned, and will no longer post at 1C. Frankly, I think that, for all the trolling, sniping and negativity I've seen here, this is the single most misconceived action I've witnessed. The sensible course of action would have been to delete the 'pilots lounge' forum in its entirety, and then establish rules before reopening it, in my opinion - with no further comment. Instead, you have provided the snipers and trolls with more ammunition. The correct course of action when you do something without thinking about the consequences and come to regret it isn't to do the same thing again....
oh snap