View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 07:59 AM
Approved Member

Against the bosses:

kraken and spider I used a 5 stack army
frog, driller, ktahu and baal I used knights + paladins
zilgadis I used paladins only

The knights weren't needed except against k'tahu, since the tirex fear will make you lose with one stack if it isn't immune to mind spells. I didn't need to cast calm rage at all in the boss fights. Frog didn't need any phantoms, driller one, k'tahu and baal 2, zilgadis 3 iirc. The kraken and spider didn't kill a single unit.

I had to cheese my way through a level of the tower of eventus since it kept crashing (the clone room, a single stack of peasants and killed his army with fiery phantoms first turn).

Other than that, I finished at level 60, 32att/25def/25 int, a bit over 44k leadership with inquisitor's blade and dragon heart for more paladins and dragons. Most commonly used army was rune mages/paladins/black dragons/red dragons/engineers. Most damaging units were black, red, paladins, rune mages, engineers, royal snakes, knights. No pre scout or save game scan, honestly it's about as cheese free as you could get. Battles were won through smart play and a good army composition. Spells like target and stoneskin are in the game for a reason, it's not cheese to use them.

Last edited by dainbramage; 09-06-2011 at 08:03 AM.