Thread: You are Empty
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 06:43 AM
Registered Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by atarifan49 View Post
I've emailed tech support on this but wanted to post here also to try and maximize the help I can get on this game.

If the postings I've seen here indicate that sound problems have been resolved in the English version - then they are sadly mistaken. I installed the game for the first time today and I am having huge issues with sound.

I get sound OK when I start a new game and it works thru the FMV opening and partially into the game. But eventually the sound goes away and is replaced by an extremely annoying buzzing sound.

The sound patch on the website will not install and I only get a unreadable message when I try and run it. I downloaded the patch from two different locations and both give the same result. I also ran DX Diag and had no sound/driver issues there.

I did have an issue with checkered textures but that problem was cured by an install of the latest nVidia patch and a reboot.

Regards,
Glenn
I solved the problem today. It turned out that there was an issue with my sound card and the Direct Sound (Direct X 9.0c) acceleration setting for the sound card.

I ran the game and got the sound issue. Quit the game and started DXDIAG.EXE. I went to the SOUND tab and did the sound test with FULL ACCELERATION set. I found there was an issue when the 8bit mono 22kHz sound was played thru a HARDWARE BUFFER. When I adjusted the acceleration down to BASIC ACCELERATION that the sound problem in the game completely went away.

Regards,
Glenn