Thread: You are Empty
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008, 11:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeny View Post
The quality of our support team is very high, i think it'd be better to write to them and check their work yourself, and i can say that there have been no complaints by now.
I have written to the support as was suggested, and I got reply within few hours.

The support person agreed with my supposition that this could be the driver problem. He said he would pass my letter onto the developers who might release a patch.

I was not happy with that answer, and I installed the old driver (94.24 Forceware, July 2007). The problem was fixed, that is the textures appeared correctly !

I asked another question (why I cannot install the sound patch which I downloaded from the English version of the youareempty.com website). He told me that the English version of the game had the sound problem fixed, so that no sound patch was necessary. I do not think so... the sound patch from the English website has a different filename than the patch from the Russian website. I understand that the Russian sound patch has an additional sound content, and the English sound patch just fixes some hickups. Oh well...

About the game. Actually, I was pleased with the game. I was after an atmospheric shooter game (such as Bioshock), and this was such a game. I got an immersion into the world, and I played it for few hours straight. (I could not play my favourite Half-Life 2 for more than half an hour at once.) I could live with the dated design of some features (such as appearance of the enemies). So, I am happy that I bought this game.