View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 12:35 AM
Approved Member

IL2:1946

I have always been a flight simmer having flown nearly all that have been released for example, Tomahawk on Sinclair spectrum 48k, F117 Stealth Fighter on Commodore 64, Gunship on Amiga, etc...

The reason i like this genre over other genre is the fact that each time you fly, you can discover things. you are not forced into a battle against time, you can take things at your own pace, you can now chat online and discuss tactics while you fly. Il2 has a Huge community. Il2 has fantastic mission building options, and the ability to load up your own custom plane skins, so you can literally recreate any fact or fiction mission you desire. That is what i love about Il2 series. The freedom to use your imagination, and have never the same experience each time you play it.

I have had so much fun with this sim online,
-i remember my new force feedback joystick destroyed my whole desk (it literally shook it apart!) when i was doing a wingless race along the ground with someone online. damn that was funny.
-I made a mission called the TB3 dogfight (a coop with 2 TB bombers full of online players shooting from the planes turrets, and other missions, Vodka, Tea Party, Schnapps etc.. all were successful and much played missions among my freinds.
-I once shot down an AI plane just as my online flight lead called for help as he was being attacked. the plane i shot down fell 2000 metres with one wing on and collided with the bandit on my buddies 6 !! amazing, lol
-I flew through the middle of the rear section of a P39, ripping my wings off, but my pit stayed in tact for me to bail, lol, crazy stuff indeed.

Well, there you go. Thats why i like it. So much fun and inventiveness can be had, and you dont get that with most other genres.