View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 06:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacKY View Post
I guess people dont know what in the **** trolling is anymore. I was asking for a comprehensive list of features that should be on the website not that the game has no features. It still is a little odd that we dont have any good videos with two weeks to release. There is a plethora of screenshots but screenshots dont sell games.
I think you got slammed in the head by some one defending CoD. The original tone of your post was antagonistic to a degree, TacKY. Many, many, many, people on this forum have been waiting 5 - 6 years for this sim, and tensions are high.

I can't go through the full list of features myself as I'm sure I'd misspeak and list something either not finished or I'd forget one.

Frankly, I think CoD is at a point in finances/development where it HAS to be released or possibly never recoup their investment. I'm probably wrong, and we'll never really know. On top of that it's been admitted that features that Oleg wanted to implement would never run on PC with today's power. Regrettably (for Oleg and the community) these are left out or turned off until a point when PCs reach an attainable level of power that the features can be utilized. Things like dynamic weather and clouds are one such example.

The clouds ARE in the mission builder (or is that dynamic weather - it's late here and I'm not positive which now). Use at your own risk. Personally, after taking a few trips around GB I plan on loading a mission to see how these look..... at 1 frame a second of course.

Also, after watching the development these last two years I pay attention to the little things, and believe that if little things are taken care of to such detail, then the big things can't be omitted or of far less quality.

Patience. It's a virtue..... or at least a heart saver.