Thread: map fix
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2023, 05:19 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhechene View Post
Hey!
I presume you know what other maps got fixes. Could you share which? Are the airfields in both Ardennes maps fixed?

Thanks!
Hi Fhechene, good to hear from you.

I don't have a list of fixes that have been done. I have seen fixes for Kokoda, Salamaua and Seiskari though. For the Ardennes I assume you mean these ones:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhechene View Post
In both Ardennes maps we have the following

1. Merzhausen airfield is too short. If AI takes off from south to north, it doesn't manage to clear the forest at NW. If AI takes off from north to south, some planes touch a hill while taking off.

2. Western runway of Eindhoven has runway icons but if I set a take-off/landing waypoint in the icons, the waypoint gets attached to the Eastern runway. If I move the waypoints to Western runway icons, planes still spawn/land in Eastern runway
In theory, all genuine bugs mentioned in the quoted thread should be done or on the to-do list. I don't remember any feedback on the Ardennes maps specifically, so I'll check. Regarding Merzhausen, an airfield being short might not be a bug in itself. Some airfields are just short, and therefore won't suit all aircraft. If you have historical operational info to suggest the airfield was designed to handle the problem aircraft then it might be seen as a bug.