View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 07:45 AM
Approved Member

Default Low Fps in Cryostasis

Just started Cryostasis and Im getting the same thing. Low FPS, lagging with all the same symptoms listed here. I'm running: Q6600@3.1, 4gbDDR2, 1920x1200 on EVGA GTX 480 and as described in the preceeding posts its running very badly. Something is up with this game. My system is pretty tight and I can run Crysis and the rest with no issues.

Funny thing is I have the official Cryostasis tech demo/benchmark installed and I pull in the area of 60 FPS AVG and it runs smooth as butter. Then I log into the actual game and its 32FPS AVG dipping at times to teens.

As described by others I can turn everything off or to its lowest setting and it has almost no impact. As one poster stated he can harldy tell a difference between high and the lowest setting. Thats exactly what I'm seeing also.

The game version I'm using is the free DLC download I got from EVGA for the GTX 480. Should be latest version and patch.

According to the little CPU monitor I'm running Cryostasis CPU usage AVG is 10.36 percent on my quad core. That is nothing. Obviously a GPU dependent game.

In any case just started trying to find out whats up with the Low FPS and ended up starting here. Gonna try some further testing and tweaking. If I can run the demo at 60 FPS avg I shouldnt be getting half that in the actual game. Gotta be something going on.

Last edited by Bcc335; 06-18-2010 at 07:47 AM.