View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 02:17 AM
Registered Member

Default New player question regarding FAB 50 bombs

Hi there,

Braaaand new to this game and I am brutal at it!

In any case, I started off a Soviet Campaign and am chugging around in an I-153 at the start of Barbarossa, and it's been fun. I have a quick question though.

I have a mission to take out a train, and it seems like my guns won't hurt it (fair enough), but I have 4 FAB 50 bombs. Thing is, I seem to be struggling with having them actually explode!

I can't level bomb worth nuts, so I've been pretty much attempting some glide bombing. After some experimentation in the quick mission creator, it seems like my bombs have to be dropped from a minimum altitude of around 300m in order for them to go off.... which means the game is asking me to do a 300m level bomb which I am not capable of doing haha.

I have tried various fuses in the quick mission. Setting them to 0.0 second delay doesn't seem to do anything (they still don't explode). I tried setting them to "low level" which has a minimum of 5 second fuse, which DOES cause an explosion eventually, but this would seem like I would still need some crazy lead to hit a train :S

So, is there a place (video or text) that I can learn how to properly level bomb with this thing (I am skeptical that I can dive bomb with it....). This would also be handy for the other career I have, in an F3F-4 and often get missions to bomb with some 100 lb bombs, but they at least seem to support a degree of dive/glide bombing and even though I still suck at hitting anything, at least I believe that were I to hit something it'd actually blow up!

Cheers!

Allan