View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 05:16 PM
Approved Member

You have to keep in mind, though, that generally the main interest of game developers is to sell as many copies of a game as possible. To do that a game must appeal to as broad an audience as possible. That means keeping it simple and adding enough stuff to keep the average player interested.

When reading these forums you may get the impression that the majority of the people are disappointed with the game, but they are only a very very small part of the entire player base. Add to that that someone who is happy with the game will be much less likely to sign up on this forum. People who are unhappy with the game, however, will much more likely sign up on the forum to convey their disappointment and vent their frustration. Which is what you see happening here. So don't be mistaken into thinking that hardly anyone likes this game. The people who do like it just remain silent.

As much as I would like to see a proper trucking sim I just don't see it happening anytime soon because the market for something like that is just way too small if you see the bigger picture. There is a market for it, but it's a niche market and that simply isn't very appealing for any game studio. It's the same in the simracing genre. The best selling games are the Need For Speed series and the like; very arcade style games with highly unrealistic physics and lots of bling and action to keep the average Fast & Furious wannabe happy. If you want a proper racing sim there is only a handful of games available.

As for RnR, I can see them fixing a couple things in an upcoming patch, maybe adding a few features, but I very much doubt that the core of the game - the arcadey physics, the races etc... - will change.