View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 01:48 PM
Approved Member

Codex, I can dig the 1gig of dedicated onboard ram, but I keep in mind that the 260 has 846megs of ram (or something near that), and that makes it a quite nice card too, not to mention it's more affordable for me. Besides that, I seriously doubt I'll be buying a monitor with a native rez of 2560x1200. That's in 30" monitor territory, iirc. Again, $$$ I don't quite have. I'm thinking a 24" at the outside.

Dr.B, your frames look great to me. Crysis taxes even the best of systems so don't feel badly. You'd see a drop-off of frame rates on all your games at higher resolutions, but you game at the same resolutions I used to. Used to, I say because my old system cooked off, and I need to get a new one.

I guess I'll go for a 22 or 24 inch monitor with low lag time and low gtg specs. A P45 chipset if I go single card solution, with the possiblity of going Crossfire. If I go Nvidia, I may break down and go with a 750i FTW mobo. The initial processor will be the e8400 since it can OC to 4gig on air cooling alone (though I'd oc just short of that). But again, I'm kind of worried about hassling with SLi modes. Then again, that's why I'd want a one card solution: running at lower rez makes the case for that. So much to learn!
Flyby out

Last edited by Flyby; 06-18-2008 at 01:51 PM.