View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 11:12 PM
Registered Member

After reading two posts coming from germany, i have to add:

Ascession to the Throne

i remember the time i found it,
it was one of those days, standing in front of video games, and simply cant find anything good to find, only boring games coming out that time,
so i checked the "cheap" game section,
and behind some "gold editions" i found that game, not knowing what i could expect from it, i just bought it.. i just had that feeling.

after getting home i tried it out as soon as possible,
and my reaction was like "wtf".
because after going for my first mission to get a sword, i just couldn't win any fight at all,
so i had to calm down for 2 days and give it another shot,

and finaly, after trying out all kind of tactics i could win a mission, and from that day on, i never ever lost a fight in that game again.

the graphic is not that great for our time, but it does the job of bringing atmosphere, just one of these games you totaly fall into, and actually live in that game (but just for time playing, not like WoW junkies)

well what to say more about this game to make you all run out and buy it instantly.

if you are an RPG fan like me, you will probably fall in love with it instantly,
it is right between the good old japanese rpg's, and the western ones (like gothic)
but still provides tactical elements like in "advance wars".

the story also is great, and actually targets at your emotions.
(i was really angry at that bad wizard guy, and i hated that first lord, but at the same time i felt somehow connected to the guys on your side)

and every time the main hero talks he just says excactly what i would say, so there was no problems for me that there were no dialog options.

final notes:
go and buy it quick! if you buy enough copies of that game there may be some chance of a second part.
which i instantly would buy, even if the price would go up to 60 bucks.
the end of the game provides enough material for a second part,
in fact, no one really understands the ending video i think,
its like an open end and every one can think of an end for himself
(even if that wasn't planned)
i'll be waiting and checking every week for news
(like i did the last year or two..)

Last edited by Krad; 02-22-2008 at 11:13 PM. Reason: typos...