View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 02:14 PM
Registered Member

I just bought this game from a discount bin from a local PC store, and I absolutely love it! My friends didn't like the graphics because it's 2D, but for me the gameplay is flawless, and I believe it is the most important aspect of a game. Compared to modern 3D games, Space Rangers 2 blew them off in term of gameplay.

What I don't like about the game are... Well... None, it's the best game yet I've played. However, I felt that there could be more activities on the star systems, you know, more pirates looting, fleet of battleships flying in formation to battle the dominators, and more trade routes filled with various cargo ships (to make pirating career more profitable). The scale of the ships could also be tweaked a little bit, make battleships bigger than the fighters and so on. Also, the game could use subsystem targeting, disabling engine or certain weapon of opposing craft.

The side quests (the text adventure) are truly perfect... It lends spice and zing throughout the game. I'm still amaze of how deep and wonderful the text adventure part of the game, it's like I'm playing a novel.

I can only say that this game is such a masterpiece and should be publicized more aggressively.