View Single Post
Old 06-08-2023, 04:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsGhost View Post
Hi Fhechene!

Yes this bug is "super old", but it is also super annoying!

I'm no expert, but I think the trick to solving this bug might be analysing the code for the Full Mission Builder against the code for the Dev's Map Builder, and looking for differences in how they handle those specific objects. Those objects show up beautifully in the maps themselves when using Forest=3, but not in missions when the objects are added in the FMB.

I'm guessing the team probably don't have the source code for these things, or they probably would have done it already. The worst thing about this bug is that placing these objects using the FMB results in them being present in the mission as a destructive obstacle to the player aircraft, but they're just invisible! And that's a very explosive combination!

And given that these objects are the only way for the player to create tree lines for temperate missions, that's bad!

I always tought it had to do with a lack of a High Quality model for Forest=3 of those objects. If that's the case and the team is short on energy, I could even accept them using the same model for Forest=2