View Single Post
Old 01-09-2023, 11:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsGhost View Post
You might need someone more tech savvy than me to assist here.

However, below are some more basic things to consider, just in case you haven't already done so (however unlikely).

IL-2: 1946 doesn't like to play from the standard Programs folders in Windows 10. So, if "Programos" is your standard Windows 10 programs folder in your language, try creating an install in a custom folder and you might do better.

Did you install 4.15 before installing 4.15.1? I'm guessing you did, but if not, then that would be your problem.

Also, make sure you are installing the "Client" patch, not the "DS" patch, unless you are running a Dedicated Server.

You could also have a corrupted patch download at any stage, so make sure you test that the game starts after each patch is added. If it doesn't, try a fresh download of that patch (try the M4T one if you haven't already, and make sure you have no MODS activated when patching too).

If you have done all of that, and the fixes previously suggested in the other thread, all I can think of is trying a different sound wrapper option, or installing with no sound wrapper selected at all and see if that works.

It might also be that you must have a system with at least some kind of EAX capability to run 4.15. I'm not sure.
JacksonsGhost
Thanks for Your help, but reason is somewhere else.
Maybe reason the IL2 does not start, is that there is more "Java"s (eclipse temurin JDK)instaled om computer. I really don;t want to uninstall or reconfigure it, because there will be a hard and long "play" to make it work again.
Maybe it requires some windows components or services ?. I have lots disabled of them.
"Programos" is not "Program files" folder, i have tried all sound options; 15.1 installed over 15m; it shouldn't be server update. updated the working version 1.14.1. i still have a working copy of it.

FIXED added the path of IL2 folder/bin to the windows paths.

Last edited by taurasg; 01-11-2023 at 08:12 AM.