View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 03:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by axelle View Post
ok, what troops did you use lore for the suppression fights? how did you do the mask of hate fight as a paladin? i would like to learn how to play a paladin!
For my latest game I went with guard droid-repair droid (split stack) for most of the game, with Mask of Hate necessitating me to get a full stack of red dragons (no black dragons were available).

The tactic was quite simple: kill all towers first, then kill the troops. Evil towers really need to die first since their lightning could do the most damage to the droids. Mass haste and teleport helps a lot in the mobility of the guard droids.

I held off in using the red dragons since I thought it would be a pain to keep them no-loss, but I had no choice since the Mask of Hate battle looked too tough for the droids. In that particular battle, the friendly towers were equally dangerous since they could summon red dragon and archdemon stacks. Demon portal helped there as well as I was able to cast it one time during the battle and it summoned a stack of archdemons.

Mask of Hate suppression battle screenshot attached.

Playing paladin is just like playing a weaker warrior. I chose paladin over warrior for the short campaigns because I wasn't sure if not being able to grab Learning 3 asap on such a short campaign would make a difference or not; and when in doubt, choose the safer route. Anyways, I knew I would go warrior for OotM, so playing paladin here is ok.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg battle 15 - mask of hate.jpg (537.8 KB, 56 views)

Last edited by loreangelicus; 10-16-2010 at 03:34 PM.