View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 02:39 AM
Approved Member

I still can't believe the way people are overreacting. It's like MG are purposefully trying to screw us. Sort of like they are expecting Oleg Maddox to think there's lots of money for the taking in fooling the WWII combat flight simulator community...

I mean, the industry standard is to shovel out copies of the same games over and over, and release at best a couple of minor fixes until the game is discontinued. So here's this team of people working for years on something that noone else wants to work on, as they have done for the past 10 years with one of your favourite products. They're doing this out of sheer passion, who knows under what difficult and stressful circumstances, to bring you the opportunity of reliving the period you love so dearly in so much more immersion, and all you can do is whine and cancel preorders as if an initial release means anything.

So, take a step back... and grow the heck up. At the very least, show some respect for the people who've done nothing short of continuous, amazing work on your favourite products for a decade.

My pre-order's staying no matter what - even if CloD turns out to be a huge botch, which it won't, I'll at least feel I've somehow contributed a bit more to the developers of the simulator I keep coming to time and time again, for countless hundreds of hours, like no other game has ever managed to do.