land detail: low
forest: Low
visual effects: High
damage decals: High
buildings amount: Low
land shading: low
Grass, roads, shadows all on

FPS: on average 40+
Microstuttering: very low (but still a little bit)

Verdict:

Performance increase is negligable in test 1A from pre-patch.

Test 1B: Free flight over England

Model detail: High
building detail: medium
land detail: medium
forest: medium
visual effects: High
damage decals: High
buildings amount: medium
land shading: medium
Grass, roads, shadows all on

FPS: between 28 and 34 fps.
Microstuttering: high

Verdict:

An increase in performance over pre-patch, but the microstuttering makes it difficult to play. Without microstutter, the game would be generally smooth at these settings.

Test 2A: Custom test with 12 Spitfires attacking 9 Heinkels He-111 at 2500m over land

(Settings as Test 1A)

FPS: high 30's on average
Microstuttering: very little, but still some

Verdict:

A big increase in performance when attacking bombers over pre-patch. Before, the game would crawl when close to bombers, but now the frame rate dips only a little. Much improved.

Test 2B: Custom test with 12 Spitfires attacking 9 Heinkels He-111 at 2500m over land

(Settings as Test 1B)

FPS: high 30's on average
Microstuttering: very little, but still some

Verdict:

An increase in performance over pre-patch, but stutter when attacking bombers at these settings is considerably worse than in test 2A

The biggest performance increase came when flying over London. (settings as in test 1A)
Pre-patch, it was completely unplayable, but now for the first time I was seeing sometimes more than 30 fps. This is a huge improvement. Sadly, there is still a fair amount of stutter.

Overall verdict:

In general, there is an increase in performance over pre-patched game. Microstutter once trees and buildings is set to 'medium' is considerable, but with trees and buildings set to 'low' it is almost gone.

The game would be smooth at respectable detail levels but for the stutter, which is still high.

The visual artifacts and glitches I was seeing before are all gone now, which is much improved from the game pre-patch.

There is still pixellating of the Spitfire's rear view mirror.

The Heinkels seem very easy to shoot down now...much easier than in pre-patch game. I shot down 3 on a single pass.

Thanks team for the patch. I feel in general things have been improved, but there might still be some work to do regarding the stutter.
But overall I am pleased with the results.

Last edited by Rattlehead; 04-08-2011 at 09:39 PM.