View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 01:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Red View Post
Can we get a list of confirmed aircraft that have cockpit views? I was very disapointed with this implementation in BoP (only a handful of cockpits plus incorrect cockpits in at least one or two aircraft). The adds make it sound as if all 100 planes will have cockpit views, but I saw under a previous post that Anton admitted that the game has "much more unique" cockpits, which sounds to me like an admission that not all planes do have cockpit views. Is it, say, all of the fighters and no bombers?

Additionally, how does the damage model work? Is it really more dynamic, like in IL2 PC versions or is it still more of a "health bar," total loss type system wherein a plane cannot crash unless the total damage equals a set quantity?

As a final request, I would like to know more about how BoS differs from BoP. To be honest, I was disappointed with BoP on many levels. The graphics and flight physics were great, but overall execution seemed lacking. I was mainly frustrated with the damage model, cockpits, a few online features, and missions that did not allow for the full takeoff and landing options. In case you didn't realize, I'm more interested in the sim portion (which I know I shouldn't expect much on a console, but regardless, there other arcade flight games out there I could buy before this one if that's all I was interested in. It's the sim aspect that entices me).

Thanks again. I appreciate your feedback. Any answers you could provide will help me decide whether or not I will purchase this game.
If the damage model was the same as IL2 PC on realistic gunnery mode that would be awesome. Unfortunately, I don't hold out much hope for that being the case. I'm not looking for PC type ballistics, but being able to furball bombers/fighters in two or three bursts consistently in "sim" mode, is a little ridiculous. There should be some middle ground achievable.

I think BoS, at minimum, will be all the good things BoP brought, plus German cockpits.

I think the '100 planes with cockpit views' will be something like GT5, with high polygon 'premium' cockpits, and majority low poly 'standard' ones.