View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 11:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
Well can't say I am all over this, despite waiting for ages for the news...
The CGI is nice, yes, but it just looks like a generic medieval setting. The fantasy creatures are thrown in almost as an afterthought, and we never even see magic used in the trailer. The designs are not as vibrant and cartoonish as in the first games, which was its unique style, and now look like any other RPG's. These armored soldiers could be from For Honor or the Witcher, for all I know.
The very few screens showing combat seem to indicate instead of 1 unit representing a troop now there will be many in one hex, same as in Age of Wonders.
https://kingsbounty2.com/wp-content/...stria.0001.png
The preorders are rather ridiculous... you only get certain units and items if you buy the more expensive editions? Heck the Rage Casket (from the first game) is only in the most expensive edition...
The story certainly seems to be more in focus than in the old games. But I dunno overall. It seems to be Game of Thrones style low fantasy as opposed to the high fantasy of the old games where magic and wonder was on every corner...
That's what I think too. But they still only showed us one playable character out of three and there also are some easter eggs hidden in the Art section of the site, like the dwarf and the giant on the left of the first image (the Archmage too, but that's mostly a reference to the old games), or the archer who seems to be an elf. What I'm saying is that they still have a lot to show us and that they just can't spoil the Magic and everything from the beginning.