Thread: Downloadable?
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 10:36 AM
Approved Member

I think the best way to fight piracy, is to take away the incentives for it. I hope this game is going to be a megahit, and that will be available everywhere, in every little shop that sell games, in every little town. I remember a few years back when I wanted to get hold of 18WOS-PTTM on a physical CD. I couldn't find it anywhere. I looked everywhere. The only way was to import it through a website, where I had to pay shipping and customs, making the game three times as expensive. But the game was also available through paid download, and thats how I bought it instead.

What I am trying to say, is that some people at least, will always have problems finding a place to buy the physical game. Making the game available through paid download, will make it a lot easier for people to buy it legally, so that the money can come back to the people that deserve it, like the developers. This should be in the interest of everyone including us gamers, as more sales and profits make it more possible for us to see patches and upgrades to the game.

But of course, there will always be people who rather steal the game, but I guess there will always be criminals. It is therefore I am stating that having the game available for downloading takes away the incentives for illegal downloading. Their only arguments left will be illegal ones.

Now, having the game also available for downloading, as well as physical retail, will increase the possibility for higher sales. I think this is in the interest of everyone.