View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 05:50 AM
Trucidation

Hey, I think I've seen that kind of module insertion into spaceships in a game (see 0:33), it was an older game sort of like Star Wolves 1 (each mission in 1 map). Damn, I don't remember the name. I just about creamed myself when I saw it again though, how the hell did I forget about that.

The mission generator (1:13) wasn't very clear though, I just saw a bunch of combat stuff. The rest of it was the usual MMO junk, pretty graphics, PvP, blah blah been there done that.

Edit:
Hell yeah, thank GameSpot for the "related games" feature lol. I looked up Star Wolves and found that old game - it's Star Fury. Too bad there's very little coverage of it, I think it was another niche space sim most people passed over. Here's a screenshot of the grid-style module placing I was talking about. Too bad they don't have any larger resolution images.

Other than that I think the game was a fairly generic 1P space sim, I can't even remember the story. Ugh, I don't like mysteries... I might go try find that game again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Star_Fury--928156_20050603_screen004.jpg (30.9 KB, 54 views)

Last edited by Trucidation; 06-16-2010 at 06:03 AM.