View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 01:18 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
But, now there is a Warrior skill that gives that ability to ALL your units, and occuring very often! Talk about munchkin-y...
It's a pity the last two games are so unplayable for me, as I quite liked the Ice Dragon and the Jotun from WotN. Are there any mods that can add them to AP/CW?
Perhaps I'm not realizing their worth(that wouldn't be a first, lol) but they don't seem quite so good. However, I'm happy to see some ice creatures in a game, as all of them seem to be fire centric. So tell me how you use them, please. I kind of like the Ice Spiders myself though. Cheap creatures that can hit pretty hard and has a lot of resistances.

You already have Necromancers and Demonologists, you don't need more ranged units. Also, undead kinda decrease morale of Orcs, no? I'd instead add some tough melee unit, as that is what your setup needs IMHO. Demons are a good choice -they retaliate to every attack, do increased damage to 1-3 level units, and can summon demons and even boost your Archdemon. Not to mention their summoning will strengthen your demonologist. Alternatively, go with Royal Griffins, they summon and retaliate too, and are faster, if weaker.
Funny you said demons as I'd already added them prior to reading this,lol. However, after they dump off their demons, they seem a bit lost. Not enough R Griffins in Dark Side to use. However, I often get around 150 of them via Back to Nature. Just added another 20 dragon riders with fake princesses so have 37 of them. tempted to just split them

Sorry - much like I stopped Heroes VI and never looked back, I have little time to waste on games I don't like. I work 9-10 hours a day and barely get to play on the weekends, at best. I cannot afford to waste months or more on DS that so far, has only frustrated me and offered no fun, unlike CW.

Ohhh boy! I am not falling for that again. Check the 120-pages-long bugthread of WotN. I was a frequent poster there and in the bugfixes. But even to this day, they did not get Christa's Gift to work at all, or have the Last Hero spell not crash the game to desktop. DS has not many gamebreakers (though I did get desktop crashes with one spell), but is very untested and beta-stage. And I'll not be an unpaid beta-tester again, thank you very much. 1C can call me again if they release a new KB game with a new engine that's written by the same team who did TL and AP/CW. Until then, I am done - Heroes III HD is out, so I will be busy replaying that, anyway.

They recently fixed quite a bit on Steam with an update for WoTN. I posted it in that section. However, the spell Justice causes ctd's about 3 of 4 times it's used, so I had to stop.(Only using it to get award, seriously a lot of these rune spells are useless)

I'm disabled and have nothing but free time. On other games, like MTG DoTP, I tend to experiment for others with that free time.

Agreed. And the Spy is rather useless too, what use is the little girl form with the kamikaze spell when it has such awful damage.
Oh, and it's "Metamorth" actually - because 1C was too cheap to even pay a spellchecker. Same as the "Lasts one of a round" (SIC) spell descriptions, which plagues WotN too. I did create a grammatically correct spell description TXT mod, they were free to use it... but didn't. Sometimes I feel they just put the russian text into Google Translate. I am Hungarian myself but even I speak/write better.
Haven't gotten the Spy yet..I must have missed something. But I won't waste a gp on them. Also, don't waste jack on the Golem. 500,000 gp to get lousy xp? uh uh.

I'm also splitting time with DS and WoTN plus a replay of Legend and first play of Orcs on the March.