View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 05:09 PM
Registered Member

i am an avid player of the total war series and i know very little relatively about this game. i have noticed some say it will have a multiplayer aspect but i have not seen if it will have multiplayer from the game reviews i read.

will the game have a multiplayer aspect?

if it does this would be a grand opportunity to grab a strong customer base from the total war community as many are very dissatisfied with how the mp community has been neglected there.

the ingredients are all here for the making of a grand multiplayer game so long as the network coding is done properly. the problem with the last two big games (rome and m2) from creative assembly is that they used a horrible network coding which made it difficult for various kinds of isps and firmware to be compatible with when accepting packets of information.

other problems came from an unexplained battlemap lag, desynchs, log on failed, cannot join game.

a large amount of the problem is that the former games customer base demands a lot of eye candy (single players) while the other demands balance, good connection and no lag. (mp)

of course with feb soon on its way i would doubt this comment would be too late to taken into consideration.