View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 04:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDobrev View Post
Yeah, I'm uncertain as well... That was a supposition, but come to think of it, it may not work... Guess we have to test it first

I've been thinking about an archer party for quite a while... I guess I may as well do one. The main thing I'm still pondering about is should I go for Trigger and its built-in archer crit or for Telescopic + Ale barrel (that gives +100% base attack to all archers in addition to a nice crit bonus), because unless I pick a mage, I can't go for both (I need 2 artifact slots for those, and with warrior/paladin + trigger I have only 1)...

It would require some further planning I guess.
Yeah I'm playing a warrior at the moment and was considering Trigger, but I need the slots Moro Dark supplies for the items I have at the moment.

On Moro:

Elven Bow
Elven Crown
Marshal's Baton
Dragon Cloak

On Me:

Elven Crown
Marshal's Baton
Axe of Lightning
Bow of Skill
Slippery Cuirass
Protective Bracelets
Pilgrims Boots
Dragon Chain

I could actually put in the Telescopic sight instead of the Dragon Chain, as I did find one of those. I also have the Barrel, but no Artifact slot to use it in It adds +100% attack, but that's to the base, not modified value I think, so not much use for skele archers. Nice boost to Elven Archers and Hunters though. The crit bonus from Trigger is nice (more so because it applies to a wide range of troops) but as you said, unless you're playing a Mage, you won't have enough slots for Artifacts (Though the Orc Armour Bearer has one I think). I wish I'd started my game as a Mage and found those items now

The Phantom method doesn't work either by the way, so it's impossible to give a single unit 3 turns in one go. It's perfectly possible to give 3 Archer units 2 turns each in one turn though.

As a mage I suppose you could keep up 2xPhantoms every turn since you only need to cast the level 1 version of the spell to get the extra-action skills. The number of troops in the phantom unit doesn't matter. Or cast Mass Precision for 6 Archer attacks all with +40% damage in the first turn...Why oh why don't I have a mage yet. New run through for me soon I guess hehe.

By the way my army for testing was:

Zombies
Paladins
Hunters
Elf Archers
Skeleton Archers

It's also worth noting that the Paladins Second Wind, doesn't work on Undead, so remember to Pass to them with the zombies and phantom the Paladins to Second Wind both Elf units

On a side note I've not found any better gloves (Those are +1 defense +50 leadership) or boots (+1 speed to slowest troops) what do people usually end up using for those slots.

Last edited by Akimbo; 12-14-2009 at 04:31 PM.