View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 01:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokturnal View Post
I was a bit late to the MoW launch party, so i don't even know if they had a pre-order available for the original. Though i'd say you should be able to purchase it online,at metaboli for example, as soon as it's officially released.
Shouldn't take too long to get to local stores or places such as Amazon either. (for a boxed game rather than downloading it)

I doubt they would make anyone wait weeks or months to buy it with other methods. It might not be as widely known as some other RTS titles, but those of us that do know it are very eagerly waiting to play it.
gamersgate did have pre-orders up for quite a while before Men of War was out. but more recent titles on gamersgate from 1c like death to spies moment of truth has gone up the day before release. so it's impossible to say. fingers crossed for the same thing happening with armored princess and red tide on the 30th.

it looks like the company relationship between 1c and gamersgate/paradox changed a bit in the time between now and then. initially gamersgate had this big exclusive deal on all these awesome games king's bounty, men of war, cryostasis, necrovision and so on. but I think most if not all of these came out on all other download outlets shortly after. or maybe even at the same time in some cases. also it looks like the retail publishing partner 505 has been completely phased out now. so, a lot of changes.