View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 07:17 AM
Approved Member

Yet again I wonder why are people complaining. The mission to get a new MS is soon after the beginning. If you chose not to get the Astarte and are now complaining about how hard is the game in Mastiff, then why have you chosen not to go for the new MS?

Regarding alien missiles, I have never had a problem. Just buy anitmissile systems for your ships. And for MS get a good repair system (Thungsten), shiled (Kali) + system firmware Mk.3

From my side, I have not used missiles at all. It is usless imho as 90% of them are shot down and there are much more usefull skills to put points to. Just using good cannons and puting points to accuracy have won me all battles on normal (finished the game 4 times now).

Regarding particle wepons, I will try them more in a new game. But I agree with Valky, their advantage is that they make the damage in one shot, while pulse lasers do it in 3 or 4 shots.

As for equipping the last MS, I used antilaser (+80% defense) only for the last mission of Alex campaign (the hardest one in the game) - so it was 2 Kali, 1 Thungsten and 1 antilaser. In all other endings, I replace the antilaser with the antimissile module.