Thread: Fail update
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 11:52 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnK116 View Post
sooo i saw a update thought i would install ORD just to see what they improved or messed up..whatta ya know i never had a single issue other then occasional mp lan mode and online mp (never worked) not working and i run the update and now i cant play the game i get the all fun message game not available at this time....restarted steam. good job 1C and oh yeah before ne one says its my pc no it isnt...

so i waited and waited restarted steam verified files restarted pc and still didnt work,
but its ok i fixed it myself...
i unistalled it again. i will never "pay" for another 1C game again.
A friend of me and myself have the Steam version. We both played the game (not online since that did not work either).
I was unable to launch the game a few days ago. I didn't noticed that Steam updated the game, but my friend told me he saw a 2Gb update on Steam for O-R D.

So like you I tried to verify the files (in Steam) but with no result.
And like you I uninstalled (via Steam) the game, BUT I re-installed/downloaded it again and now it works again... (and my profile still excists)

So download and install it again and it should work... (well the game didn't try the multiplayer stuff yet...)