View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 04:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dog XII View Post
First Time Poster here! Just got the game today and got snagged on Hornets nest. The IL-2 is not the best at knocking down hoards of JU-52's. The best I have done is 4 left before they reach their destination. Any tips or assistance would be greatly appreciated from u guys. Let me know if I am missing something. I have been reading these posts for a while now and it seems there is quite a few knowledable people here so I thought this would be a great place to ask for some help. Thanks again for any help u can give me!
I've gotten past that. And I know exactly how you feel, I don't think the Il-2 is a very good anti-transport plane dogfighter I think since it was STALINGRAD! The Yak-1 should have been incorporated into the mission rather the Il-2. But anyway, the only advise I can give, is that once you get the objective, send your wingmen to start on them (even though the Wingmen AI isn't very helpful in my opinion.) And while they go and deal with the Ju-52s, climb above the Transports, then aim for their engines. It's the easiest way I got them all down. And also because I fire-walled the throttle to get to them all.

Hope that helps?