View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 11:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volksieg View Post
I have to say that I welcome this news! I don't understand your attitude at all, Ploughman. Do you know the 1C Maddox Games team personally? Did you spend sleepness nights sat up late discussing concepts with Oleg all those years ago? I know this may sound incredibly mercenary to some but this merger means one thing to me:

A working WW2 flight simulator to be released relatively soon which will attract more players and, though it may need a bit of patching (As all software tends to), will be playable out of the box for a vast number of people..... cue: Good reviews! More pilots! Filled servers! Less complaining!

This is fantastic news! Perhaps not for Maddox Games... perhaps not for the old development team... perhaps not for Oleg.....

... But great news for us!

Anyway... I now have CloD working pretty well! I'm sure others will still play it online and, if not, there is a wealth of single player missions out there now so..... COOL! I will now have TWO WW2 flight simulators on my hard drive!

No, I don't know them personally but what was stopping the RoF team from getting into WWII aviation with or without Maddox games? Something died today. Something that I've been into for ten years. The CloD engine showed lots of promise, it wasn't perfect but it was getting there and I'm not convinced that the engine that powers RoF is going to offer us the future that the CloD engine might have. I will, of course, buy the Battle of Stalingrad iteration of RoF. But Maddox games and Il-2 Sturmovik and Cliffs of Dover, that seems to be over and I'm not rejoicing.