View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 12:54 PM
Approved Member

Indeed I too was surprised to see how powerful Hagrid really was. I focused on defense boosting items, with a double Hand of Necropolis, Diploma in botany, Bronze boots, Slippery curass, mechanical blade, mithril shield and battle mage helmet the AE defense was up to 129, and elven crown+ all elven army gave them +2 morale. I switched some items around (fireproof boots against fire, perfect shoes for more mana, amulet of death for more INT) according to the various opponents. I have to correct myself on one point: I checked my save file and by the final battle my leadership allowed me 25 AE, but the 4 I found (the giant tree did not update after I completed the elven quest, is this a bug?) were enough.

A successful tactic, but probably not a very entertaining one. The AE just stand around defending and further raising their DEF most of the time, while the bosses fill the board with troops and you cycle through "cast protective spell", "cast mana raising spell" and "cast best offensive spell at boss".

All in all it is probably good Hagrid is not in OotM, because I guess as soon as you get hold of an AE it would be all too easy.