View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 12:18 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctilucus View Post
I would agree with some of the previous posts:
1) Limit the time you spend on the RTS section of the game, this is a cherry on the cake and not the game's main attraction; tweaking it might help to make it more popular but there will be limits to what you can achieve...
Heck no!!! The RTS element is one of my favorites in the whole game. I wouldn't want any time limit on that. I mean unless it was meant for creativity and increasing the fun of the quest. I like to play those, and I wouldn't want them to create RTS quests that were meant to be finished within a certain time frame. I have no qualms with taking time to figure out how to beat the quest.

As they are now, they're actually pretty quick. You want to learn how to beat them quicker? Install the Revolutions expansion, and beat several of those RTS maps. They teach you how to really beat the RTS element in a timely manner because they actually test your limitations. You learn well how much damage 2 quad level robots can do and take with 3 missile launchers and a electromagnetic gun with a couple repair-bots behind them. If you can get like 3 of them and a couple of repair bots, you can set up an effective blockade the enemy won't easily take down.

It really helps to prepare you for the regular reboot quests that I am now finding to be far easier after beating a few of those Revolutions RTS quests.