View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 09:24 AM
Approved Member

I would agree with some of the previous posts:
1) Limit the time you spend on the RTS section of the game, this is a cherry on the cake and not the game's main attraction; tweaking it might help to make it more popular but there will be limits to what you can achieve...

2) Some improvement to the trading part would be great:
- larger quantities of goods available on planets (for me it doesn't make sense that a single ranger ship can load the entire output of a planet in one go), just keep the price mechanism in place to avoid that this becomes a too profitable loop
- incentivize players more to come to the rescue of planets who urgently need a certain good: often I would be too late or the reward would be rather small
- I would love the idea of having access to bigger trade ships. They would be slow and therefore not suitable for "hunting" but you could easily transport a few thousand items and make significant profits.

3) Give the player a bit more access to advanced hulls / weapons / equipment when he has large amounts of cash (or as time evolves). I often had more than half a million in cash, yet would not find any decent piece of equipment or a better hull to spend it on.

4) I also concur with the idea of letting the player buy more defense mechanisms (e.g. platforms or weapons) for military or trade centers so they stand a better chance of surviving an attack. It gives you something to do with excess cash and it gives you more reason to "donate in support of the galaxy"